We’ve all heard countless statements about the significant part our attitude plays in everyday life. However, changing our attitude can be one of the most difficult things we do.
So, why is attitude so important?
- It differentiates me
- It propels me
- It stabilises me
This is what your attitude cannot do for you:
- Your attitude cannot substitute for competence
- Your attitude cannot substitute for experience
- Your attitude cannot change the facts
- Your attitude cannot substitute for personal growth
- Your attitude will not stay good automatically
This is what your attitude can do for you:
- Your attitude makes a difference in your approach to life
- Your attitude makes a difference in your relationships with people
- Your attitude makes a difference in how you face challenges
The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past and we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way towards us either. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.