“Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement, but you never know if it’s going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.”
So, why is having discipline important?
- Brings stability and structure into your life
- Teaches you to be consistent
- Allows you to be more observant of well-defined rules
Practical steps to create discipline in your life:
- Wake up at the same time everyday including weekends. By doing this, you will train your brain to follow well-defined rules.
- Daily, create a to do list and prioritise tasks
- Keep your work space organized. This will assist to keep your mind focused.
Discipline is the difference between what you want now and what you want most… The secret to self-discipline is knowing yourself. The ability for an individual to have self-restraint allows them to behave in a consistently stringent and controlled manner. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. A disciplined life is reached with small, daily steps.