I want you to know, dear ones, what has happened to me has not hindered, but helped my ministry of preaching the gospel, causing it to expand and spread to many people – Phil 1:12 (TPT)
Paul is writing this from a prison cell, when all hell is breaking loose around him. Paul is a man of experience in 2 Cor 11:23 you find the account of the struggles….
- I have worked harder,
- been put in prison more often
- been whipped times without number
- faced death again and again.
- Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes.
- Three times I was beaten with rods.
- Once I was stoned.
- Three times I was shipwrecked.
- Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.
- I have traveled on many long journeys.
- I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers.
- I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles.
- I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas.
- And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.
- I have worked hard and long enduring many sleepless nights.
- I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food.
- I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.
- Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches.
I wonder why Paul gets to write half of the New Testament…This man was truly unstoppable. Even now, through his words he is impacting, influencing, imparting and transforming lives for Jesus. Do you realise, we get to be and do this too? God is calling you to walk in a greater depth of sacrifice and action. Paul wasn’t a man of just word, He was a man of action. He wanted to know Christ and be like Christ.
Philippians 1:6 (TPT) I pray with great faith for you, because I’m fully convinced that the One who began this glorious work[a] in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you and will put his finishing touches to it until the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Through all that happens in your life, I want you to know that God is maturing you. He’s finishing you to make you look like Christ. It is crazy to see how many people believe in grace but never have seen the grace of God operate in their life. Grace is more than a disposition, it’s a flow, a catalyst, it’s out of grace that we serve God. Grace allows us to function in our true calling, grace empowers us to live above our struggles and suffering.
Don’t underestimate the power of your struggle. It has meaning!
Prayer Point (Pray this out loud)
Father I thank you that you’ve called me to succeed and flourish in every area of life. God I thank you that your grace is sufficient for me. You never give up on finishing what you have started in me. God I pray that I will be faithful to you everyday and that I will steward your grace to glorify your name. Have your way in me. In Jesus name, Amen
Action Point: Now, take a moment and ask God to show you areas you are reluctant in to let God have his way in you
Let me know how this post has blessed you